A Healing at the Lake



Through the trees below I glide down silently to the small circle of tipis. There are people singing as they move around a young boy lying upon the ground.

I arrive as a healing Spirit, called by an elder Healer. I step into her body then move to the boy and lift him without struggle. I then walk to the banks of the mountain lake.

Behind us I hear the shouting and anger of the villagers. They are afraid of the lake and they are afraid that I am taking the boy to the waters to send him to the next world.

I turn and smile and give them assurance. I say:
"The waters can only clean
If you overcome your fear of drowning"

I step into the lake and wade until I am waist deep. I then lower the boy down until he is submerged and I see his pale face under the clear surface.

I hear the villagers crying behind me.

Lifting him then, his face emerges, and I blow gently over his closed eyelids until they flutter open. He looks at me with clarity, gentleness and wonder.

I then return him to his people on the bank, leave the elder Healer's body then glide up and away on the breeze.

This is my journey.

-- Owl

Comments