Quest Ribbons


Quest Ribbons

The tree branches are thick
Around this blanket
And so just a glancing movement
From Turkey and Rabbit and Lizard
Reveals how much is out there.
There is no time in this place
Just as the trees know it
As the breezes blow it
Time was left behind at some point.

Then the ribbon catches the eye,
An old pale cloth hanging loose
Then another that is bright red
Twitching as the wind touches it
Moving as it is noticed by me.
And now I see dozens.

And so gratitude overwhelms as
Time sends thoughts backward
And the questions start to flow
Because others have been here, too.
What visions were they seeking?
How long did they pray on the blanket?
What did Spirit give them?

Humility engulfs me
Because their energies are still here helping me,
As they shift in the breezes.
And I know without a doubt
That my energies will remain here, too
Just as my ribbons mark the space I take now,
And my prayers will help guide whomever comes next.

--Owl

Comments