Looking Up



Looking Up

I am Eagle and I see you below
Marching along with many others who walk
Upon the broken shells
Scattered upon the lake's shoreline.

I send a thought like an arrow down 
And you shudder under intrusion,
But just as I intended, you look up --
You are the only one who looks up.

Who should you truly be?
The one who follows with head down,
Safe and in conformity,
Staring at the feet of whomever marches ahead?

Are you the one who looks beyond and up
With dreams bigger than the community?
And in looking beyond do you then inspire?
And by pure influence get others to look, too?

Or are you the Eagle,
That flashes in the sun-beam
And catches the eye of the one in many 
Who dares look from the path of others?

This is my Journey
--Owl

11"x14" ink and colored pencil on paper
order digital print



Comments