Reflection and Shadow

Reflection and Shadow

I move across ocean waters,
Endless and expansive
And my wings beat without effort
Against a breezeless full moon night.

Like glass below me
My reflection moves across the surface,
Then the reflection moves over a scene 
That shimmers like a movie of glowing silver.

A woman stands naked and holding herself
Maybe for comfort … maybe for sorrow,
And a large Willow Tree rises
From a small green island behind her
And protects and watches over her.
A dolphin in the distance
Rises and pauses at the surface
Admiring this beauty just as I do.

Then Moon only half-risen, 
With craters and valleys clearly visible
Upon its glowing face,
Suddenly and softly speaks to me … and to her:

"Everything has a reflection
And everything has a shadow
But neither is Truth"

I say, "Thank you Moon.”


This is my Journey
--Owl

prints not for sale


Comments